Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
This is a simple recipe and one that I use when I need veggies ready to go in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 400°
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized spears. (You can add any veggies here really onions and garlic are a nice addition.)
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solid, heat up a tablespoon in a small saucepan.
- Drizzle with coconut aminos. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Put in oven for 15 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Take out and enjoy. If you are prepping this for easy veggies in the fridge, I recommend letting the veggies cool completely before storing them in a container in the fridge. You will get less condensation that way.
I have overcooked the broccoli and the little florets have gotten burnt and crispy and it was super tasty. Charcoal can be good for your belly too. If you don't want burnt edges, you can lower the heat to 350° and let them cook a little bit longer. Since all ovens are different, please understand that the directions are a guideline and you will have to pay attention to what is happening in your own kitchen. I like to depend on my sense of smell when I am cooking.